Arrrgghhhh! After working hard on the scrapbook, as I was working on the last page, the whole thing fell apart! I am saddened and a bit frustrated that it did this but trying to learn from my mistake and figure out how to improve upon it.
I think the back binding hinges were too narrow so I have increased the width from 1/4 ” to 1/2″. Hopefully this will help I am also changing the individual page styles. While I loved the interactive fold overs from one 12 x 12 piece of paper, it just got to be too thick. Still working on it and will post photos soon (as soon as I figure out what to do).
In the meantime, I went back to making some cards as I needed them for some upcoming birthdays.
I love clocks and have a La-La Land Crafts Steampunk Clock Di, The Paper Studio Clocks embossing folder and Hero Arts It’s a special time (clocks) stamp set. I wanted to have a more or less same card but was trying different techniques for the metallic look.
This is the first one. I used Tim Holtz foil paper for the embossed background and my first attempt at the clock was to cut the die with foam and the foil. It was very delicate and it didn’t work so, I took it off and cut a new one out of silver mirror cardstock.
The second one was with gold embossing powder on the embossed background. I used American Crafts ZING Gold embossing powder (2 coats), -the clock was die cut and then embossed using Ranger’s Gold embossing powder. I really like this look and the slight difference in Gold really makes the clock pop more.
My last card is just using Gold mirror cardstock. It took a lot less time and the effect is still nice.